Financial Management & Social Accountability
We are pleased to announce the “Workshop on Financial management and social accountability for Non-profit and charitable organizations-2016” at Visthar, Bangalore from 19th to 23rd September, 2016. Over the last eight years this programme has been well attended and well received among NGOs, Civil Service Organizations(CSOs) and other Charitable Organizations(COs).
Why is this workshop needed?
Everyone involved in community action has the responsibility of ensuring that their limited resources are used effectively while implementing programmes. Good financial management is very important for voluntary organizations and it depends on programme staff and finance staff working together. Effective use of resources depends on programme staff assessing the actual needs of the communities they are helping and the finance staff understanding and supporting such needs.
- To enable participants jointly understand and learn concepts and tools of financial management and evolve systems for programme and financial planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- To create awareness of the latest provisions of Taxation laws and FCRA as applicable to NPOs.
- To strengthen skills and confidence in integrating finance and operations effectively.
Who will attend?
Finance and Programme Administrators and Executives of NPOs & charitable organizations in India.
Practicing Chartered Accountants, Cost and Management Accountants and Programme Directors with decades of experience in NPOs.
|Day 1:||Overview of Financial management and governance, crucial issues in managing finance, SWOT analysis, integrating financial management with programme management.|
|Day 2:||Financial planning and budgeting, approaches to budgeting, cash flow forecast, gender budgeting.|
|Day 3:||Accounting systems, fund accounting, legal treatment of project grants, accounting standards as applicable to NPOs, financial statements and disclosures and financial health check.|
|Day 4:||Social accountability, social audit, and internal control systems and mechanisms.|
|Day 5:||Taxation (Direct and indirect), FCRA, 2010, case studies & open forum on legal matters.|
New topics that may be covered in the workshop are:
- New policy approach of the Government towards NPOs and charitable organizations.
- Understanding CSR under the new provisions of the company law.
- Applicability of Service Tax on NPOs (after Finance Act, 2015).
- Can business activity affect charitable status?
- Practical issues in FCRA and Rules and renewal of registration.
Methodology used will include lecture sessions, individual and group exercises and discussions, role plays, case-studies and practical problem-solving activities.
Course fee and registration
The course fee is Rs.5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only). It covers course materials, boarding and lodging expenses. For non-residential participants, the fee is Rs. 2500/- (Two thousand and five hundred only). Interested candidates may fill in the enclosed form and mail to us with a D.D. / cheque drawn in favor of Visthar Trust payable at Bangalore.
M. Francis, Director / Programme Coordinator,